Beauty Lies Within - Self Confidence





Scrolling through my Instagram feed a short while ago I came across the most beautiful poem by Erin Hanson. It was a real confidence boost and I immediately copied it into my diary for a day when I might need to hear the message again. It began with the four lines:

"Never trust a mirror
For a mirror always lies
It makes you think that what you're worth
Can be seen from the outside..."

I love taking pride in my appearance and think there's something special about spending time getting ready for a date night or a special event. Nonetheless it is so important to remember that we have so much more to offer the world than outside appearances! The quote 'beauty lies within' is a classic for a reason, after all.


Leave a Comment

  1. This is such a lovely post and that poem is just beautiful! I love how you've written it int your diary too, for those times when you need a little reminder that appearance really isn't everything :)
    Nicole xxx
    Life in Ginger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole! I'm really glad that you liked it! x

      Delete